Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Free hot dog -

Okay, when I picked up my daughter from VBS today, she had a coupon for a free hotdog or double scoop icecream cone at a local vendor. You know, just one cigarrette (sp?) does not cause cancer. We don't see the correlation with giving out just ONE cookie, can of pop, etc. junk food at summer camps, at school, at sports activities, as being a cause for this childhood epidemic we have on our hands! Today the the dr.'s office I picked up the latest copy of Time magazine. The cover story is "Our Super-Sized Kids." I did not want to read it there - was feeling anxious and did not want to contribute to my anxiety already. Since I saw 3 copies of the same magazine, I grabbed a copy and will read it tonight.

My focus now is volunteering for Family Night at the local Y. I will have healthy snacks available and info. on nutrition. I love to share this info.! I'm in charge of the school carnival and we're adding a healthy theme this year. Also, no pop or candy - just healthy food!

No comments: